Last updated: May 30, 2022
Thank you for using our product! We build it to help you do your work easier. Because we don't know every one of our customers personally, we have to put in place some Terms of Service to help keep the ship afloat.
When we say “Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this document, we are referring to UsefulFormulas.com. When we say “Services” or “Service”, we mean the web application created and maintained by us, which you can access at UsefulFormulas.com.
When we say “You” or “your”, we are referring to the people or organizations that own an account with our Services.
We may update these Terms of Service in the future. When you use our Services, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms of Service. There may be times where we do not exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service; in doing so, we are not waiving that right or provision. These terms do contain a limitation of our liability.
If you violate any of the terms, we may terminate your account.
1. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
2. You may not use the Services for any illegal purpose or to violate any laws.
3. You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your account. That includes activity performed by others who either: (a) have access to your login credentials; or (b) have their own logins under your account.
4. You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
1. Services are billed on a subscription basis. You will be billed in advance on a recurring and periodic basis. Billing cycles are set on a monthly basis.
2. At the end of each billing cycle, your subscription will automatically renew under the exact same conditions unless you cancel it.
3. If you are using a free trial of our Services, we do not ask you for your credit card information.
4. For a paid subscription, you need to pay in advance to keep using the Service. If you do not pay (automatic subscription payment fails), we will freeze your account and the Service will be inaccessible until you make payment. If your account has been frozen for a while, we reserve the right to cancel it.
5. If you are upgrading from a free trial to a paid plan, we will charge your card immediately and your billing cycle starts on the day of upgrade. For other upgrades or downgrades in plan level, the new rate starts from the next billing cycle.
6. Our payment process is conducted by our online reseller and payment processor Paddle (Paddle.com). Paddle is the Merchant of Record for all orders placed on our website. Paddle also provides invoicing, handling requests for refunds, reconciliation and initial order related support. When making a payment, you would have to agree to the separate Paddle’s Terms and Conditions.
7. All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities. Where required, Paddle will collect those taxes on behalf of the taxing authority and remit those taxes to taxing authorities. Otherwise, you are responsible for payment of all taxes, levies, or duties.
8. Except when required by law, paid fees are non-refundable.
1. You are solely responsible for properly canceling your subscription. Within our Services, we provide a simple no-questions-asked cancellation link. It’s available in “Account” section after logging in to your Account. An email request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. If you need help canceling your subscription, you can always contact us.
2. Cancellation is effective as of the end of your current paid up subscription period, so when you cancel the Service, you will not be charged again. After cancellation, you can continue using Service till the end of paid period.
3. Canceling your subscription doesn’t mean deleting your account - to permanently delete your account (and all your information) contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. We have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of our Services for any reason at any time. Suspension means you and any other users on your account will not be able to access the account. Termination will furthermore result in the deletion of your account or your access to your account. We also reserve the right to refuse the use of the Services to anyone for any reason at any time. The aim of this clause is to prevent abuse.
5. Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of Company employee or officer will result in immediate account termination.
1. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part of our Services with or without notice.
2. We also reserve the right at any time to modify the prices, including for existing customers.
1. Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. We provide these Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We do not offer service-level agreements for our Services, but do take uptime of our applications seriously.
2. We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average usage of other customers of the Services. Of course, we'll reach out to the account owner before taking any action except in rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of the Service for other customers.
3. We take measures to protect and secure your data through backups, redundancies, and encryption. We enforce encryption for data transmission from the public Internet.
5. We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Services.
2. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission by the Company.
3. You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Services or the Company.
We design our Services with care, based on our own experience and the experiences of customers who share their time and feedback. However, there is no such thing as a service that pleases everybody. We make no guarantees that our Services will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
We also test all of our features extensively before shipping them. As with any software, our Services inevitably have some bugs. We track the bugs reported to us and work through priority ones, especially any related to security or privacy. Not all reported bugs will get fixed and we don't guarantee completely error-free Services.
We provide technical support by email. Responses are provided on a reasonable effort basis, without guaranteed response time.
In order to use Services, it is necessary that you have an active Internet connection and a web browser that supports key functions of the application. While we make an effort to cover most popular modern browsers, not all of them are currently supported.
Supported browsers (latest versions): Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Opera. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox are currently not supported.
Recommended minimum browser window size is: 1200 x 800 px. The Service is not designed to work on mobile devices.
We mention liability throughout these Terms but to put it all in one section:
You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to this Terms of Service or the Services, whether as a breach of contract, tort (including negligence whether active or passive), or any other theory of liability.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of Poland, and the courts of Poland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine all issues that may arise under or in relation to this agreement.
If you have a question about any of the Terms of Service, please contact us.
Adapted from the Basecamp open-source policies / CC BY 4.0